Sunday 25 September 2016

Bridle update and a bit of a trial!

Just a quick update on the bridle progress....its been painfully slow mainly due to me working on it in the evenings and realising my eye sight for super fine detailed work isn't what it used to be! (I'm adding a magnifier/light onto my wish list lol).



A lot of time was spent on the bit and after gluing and regluing more times than I care to remember it got to the messy stage and still wasn't staying together ~ I had been using a resin epoxy glue which took too long to cure. I have just been out and got a different quick setting super tough super glue which I'm hoping might mean I can try to make a gag bit like the original picture.



 Apart from struggling to make the bit and the buckles I've really been enjoying the bridle process even if I could have made several full sized versions by the time this is done! The rope front came out pretty much spot on how I wanted it to, it was made from garden twine which was covered in a layer of resin then nail varnish to make it hold its shape and stop it from fraying.



Ignore the headpiece sticking out, as you can see its lacking the cheek-piece and reins. If there is one part I am particularly happy with is the flash connector, I didn't hold out much hope in making this and it staying in one piece but its turned out a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment